Onsite Focus Groups (face-to-face)
3. Onsite Focus Groups (face-to-face)
- Optimal duration per focus group session: max. 4 hours!
- Focus groups can be performed relatively quickly as a procedure.
- The effort is relatively low.
- Even "unfinished" products and templates can be discussed or tested.
- The group discussion with a focus group brings new information.
- The costs are manageable.
- Focus group discussions are applied to a variety of topics.
- Very often their use is e.g. at promotional pre-tests and concept reviews.
- The use of focus groups can also be used as a pathfinder and as a precursor to larger quantitative studies.